Our preschool program enhances skills such as;
Gaining self-esteem and confidence, problem solving, independent exploration, curiosity, structural activities, hands on learning, literacy and numeracy development and knowledge, mathematical skills , science and exploration, independence , cognitive development, creative expression , physical and developmental wellbeing, social and emotional development, experimentation and curiosity, milestone achievements, forming relationships, confidence.
In consultation with the NSW school curriculum and information given to us by local schools we aim to provide opportunity for our children to learn the essential skills they require to be one step in the right direction before they commence their schooling.
The following skills we enhance upon:
- is the children’s ability to recognise and write short words including their own names and familiar words
- encourage independence and being able to choose their own activities at their own leisure and pack them away as part of their responsibility
- be confident in front of peers through expressing themselves about their thoughts and needs
- recognising their belongings and being responsible for them
- learning basic mathematical skills such as adding and subtracting
- having a routine and following it independently
- learning about the environment of schooling including what will be expected of them
- Self-hygiene, lunch boxes, stranger danger, road safety, fire danger etc.